How to Play Blu-ray/DVD ISO Files on jRiver Media Center?
Q: " I have thousands of dvd and blueray movies in .iso format, My windows PC (windows 7) mounts my .iso files automatically with dt when I select it to play. But are ISO files supported in jRiver Media Center? Thanks for help.
Solution 1. Play Blu-ray/DVD ISO Files with jRiver Media Center
- Go to Tools > Options > File types. Under "Data", click on "Disk Image Files" and at the bottom of the window, select your preferred Playback Method from the drop down list.
Automatic will mount the Blu-ray/DVD ISO files into VCD (Virtual Clone Drive. If you use a different virtual drive, choose "Custom" and enter your program details.
- Go to Tools > CD, DVD & BD and, under "Auto-Play" for the relevant disc types, select Play.
- Blu-ray/DVD ISO files are currently treated as Data. Your library import needs to include these file types.
- Go to Tools > Options > Library & Folders. Under "Auto-Import, Configure auto-import, select the folder or folders where your Blu-ray/DVD ISO files are stored, click on Edit and ensure that the Data box is checked.
- Go to File > Library > Import and click on the Radar Button for "Run Auto-Import Now". This may take a while to complete.
- In the left pane of the main window, click on Documents then Files. Your .iso files should show in the right pane. Right click on the title bar for the columns and check Media Type and Media Sub-Type in the drom down list. This will cause these columns/Fields to show.
- For your Blu-ray/DVD ISO files, Media Type will show as Data. Right click on Data and select Rename. Select Video from the drop down list. Right click on the blank entry in the Media Sub-Type column and select Rename and select Movie.
- You may need to rename the file. In the left pane, select Video then Files. Scroll to find your file.
- Right click on the file and select "Get Movie & TV Info" and select one of the data sources. This will populate many of the fields and insert Cover Art.
- It's done. Double click the file and it should play. It will take a few seconds for the image to be mounted and for play to start.
Solution 2. Converter Blu-ray/DVD ISO files to jRiver supported formats for Playback with easeFrom jRiver official website, we know that jRive Media Center supports audio/video formats as below:
- AVI Video (avi)
- MPEG Video (mpeg, mpg, m1v, mpv, mpe, m2v)
- MPEG-4 Container Formats (mp4, m4v, mp4v, m4p, 3gp, 3g2)
- Windows Media Video (wmv, wvx)
- DIVX Video (divx)
- DVD Video (ifo, vob)
- QuickTime Video (mov, qt)
- RealVideo (rv)
- ShockWave (swf)
- TiVo Format (.tivo files)
- Flash Video (flv)
Free download best ISO to jRiver converter:
Guide: Convert ISO files to jRiver Media Center supported formats for Playback with easeWindows Version Brorsoft Video converter taken as example, Mac Version share the same steps. Just keep in mind you have download the right version, Windows platform .exe files cannot be installed on macOS – and vice versa.
Step 1. Import ISO filesInstall and launch the best ISO to jRiver Converter, simply click “Load files” to load your ISO files to the program.
Step 2. Select output formatGo to Format bar and choose WebM, MP4, QuickTime MOV, AVI, WMV formats from Common Video or HD Video category for jRiver Media Center.
Tip: If you like, simply click the “Settings” icon to adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel.
Step 3. Start converting ISO filesWith above settings, tap the Convert button to convert ISO files to WebM, MP4, QuickTime MOV, AVI, WMV formats for jRiver Media Center.
Once finished, click Open button to find generated videos and transfer them to JRiver Media Center.
Now, you're able to stream and play the converter ISO files via jRiver Media Center without hassle.
Related Articles:How to Manage & Play QNAP NAS Media Files Thru JRiver Media Center
How to Rip Blu-ray for JRiver Streaming
How to Rip DVDs for Streaming or Playing thru JRiver Media Center